Pages

Friday 3 March 2017

Sibu Trip 2017

My first trip of the year was going to Sibu. In this year, Tourism Malaysia encourage to go Sibu because is “Visit Sibu Year 2017”. The landmark for the Sibu is swam so when I knew that the mascot for “Visit Sibu Year 2017” is a crocodile which made me curious and tried find some information about it.


The mascot for the Visit Sibu Year 2017, BUBU was unveiled for the first time, a crocodile that symbolizes a warrior welcoming visitors to Sibu. The mascot’s name is an abbreviation of “Bujang Sibu”, derived from the name of legendary Sarawakian crocodile Bujang Senang- Sarawak Tourism 

19 January 2017 (Thursday)

Labuan International Ferry Terminal >> Jesselton Point >> Suria Sabah (Lunch in food court) >> Suria Sabah State Library >> CKS Store >> Friend’s House

Ferry fare updated October 2016


On the way to Suria Sabah, I saw that beside of Jesselton Point has a new shopping mall which still under construction. Perhaps next time to Kota Kinabalu, the mall is done and can pay a visit.



This was my first time to visit library in Suria Sabah (Level 4). The library is not too big with limited table and seat. The books are arranged according to the categories and 3 languages (English, Malay and Chinese) of books put in same categories on the rack. 


Inside library has kids’ corner which need to take off your shoes before step into. As the time I spent inside library is no longer so I chose to read a comic book. Beside of me has two Malay girls who doing their Science assignment which was drawing the organ.



20 January 2017 (Friday)

Kota Kinabalu International Airport >> Sibu Airport >> Soon Hock Café & Restaurant >> Medan Mall (Thomson Corner) >> Qu Lin Resident >> 1 Malaysia Cultural Village >> Taman Bukit Aup Jubilee Park >> Sibu Indoor Stadium >> Leong Leong Café >> Pause Café >> Qu Lin Resident

The MAS flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sibu takes around 1 hour and 45 minutes. Inside of flight, I enjoyed with sandwich and orange juice.

The time I went to 1 Malaysia Cultural Village has a light rain. After finished visit, the rain was stop so I can pay a visit to Taman Bukit Aup Jubilee Park. Both of them are near with each other.



From 17-22 January, it has Victor Far East Malaysia Masters 2017 held in Sibu Indoor Stadium. Many badminton players from many countries will come here for a game. It has a photo booth for you to take picture with and a big badminton racket too.




My friends assisted me to take cool looks pictures with the big racket but I kept laughing. Haha..



At stadium have some stalls for you to buy some badminton equipment and food. Some stalls offered free entrance ticket when you purchase more than RM 100 of equipment.

21 January 2017 (Saturday)

Qu Lin Resident >> Wong Hung Ping (Bintangor Rojak) >> Glory Café (Sarikei) >> Kim Hing Bakery & Confectionery (Sarikei) >> Sibu Heritage Centre (Museum) >> Lau King Howe Hospital Memorial Museum >> Full House >> Tua Pek Kong Temple >> Night Market >> Qu Lin Resident



During my first visit to Sibu, I just managed to take picture with the words of “Sibu Heritage Centre” but did not have time to go in. Inside of it has souvenir shops and museum. The museum is no allowed to take picture.


My friends helped me took pictures so asked me sit at there and use hand to made my hair fly :P After the action of “fly” my hair, I kept laughing because it is so funny, I cannot gently do it. Haha..



After visited Lau King Howe Hospital Memorial Museum, my friends told me that this apartment will be the landmark for Sibu.



I been visited Tua Pek Kong Temple during day time. At night the Tua Pek Kong Temple is very beautiful with some lights and lanterns. I saw some Malay girls also came here to take some pictures.



22 January 2017 (Sunday)

Qu Lin Resident >> Wan Li Sheng Rou Mee (万里生肉面) >> Hong Cheng Bread House >> Doraemon Store > I Bake >> Tiger Emperor Temple >> Fong Hwang Sun Ur Par Wong Kong Temple >> Star Mega Mall >> Xiang Le Yuan (祥乐园)>> Cake Time >> Tanahmas >> Farley >> Qu Lin Resident

The Doraemon Store is like a supermarket which has grocery, clothes and many more.


Fong Hwang Sun Ur Par Wong Kong Temple is a newly finished renovation temple which located near with the road.


Star Mega Mall is quite big and has many shops inside of it.


My friend wanted me to try for sea cucumber soup therefore we were having dinner in Xiang Le Yuan.


Farley is one of the supermarkets in Sibu. Near with Farley has Sing Kwong supermarket.

23 January 2017 (Monday)

Qu Lin Resident >> Sibu Airport >> Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) >> Labuan Airport



My flight reached KKIA around 2.10pm and my next flight to Labuan was 9.05pm. It has a long gap between of it so I tries to ask whether can change the time to 6pm something or not. As I purchased the flight ticket for Chinese New Year Promo price so I cannot change the time to become early.


I planned to flip the magazine in the book store of airport but when see has an article about Labuan, I directly buy it. Haha…

 Note:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com