Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

Peace is Every Step - The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Thich Nbat Hanb

Actually this book had been read by me at 3 months ago but when typing of this post and refers back the note that joint down by me, I still feeling happiness as this book share a lot about appreciation as peace is available at every moment.

Peace is every step
Although this book write by a monk but he did not touch about Buddha but more on mindfulness. This book has taught a lot of breathing technique so when it stated about breathe in and out, indirectly I also follow it. After reading this book, I feel appreciate with what I have and find out that wonderful life occur at everywhere as it also come from small acts of our daily life. The important things are slow down and enjoy every step and every breath. 

Content of Peace is Every Step
Below is the part that I extracted from the book that I would like to share:-

Peace is every step.
The shinning red sun is my heart.
Each flower smiles with me.
How green, how fresh all that grows.
How cool the wind blows.
Peace is every step.
It turns the endless path to joy.

Every morning, when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand new hours to live. What a precious gift!

Each time you look at a tangerine, you can see deeply into it. You can see everything in the universe in one tangerine. When you peel it and smell it, it’s wonderful. You can take your time eating a tangerine and be very happy.

Be aware of the contact between your feet and the Earth. Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet. We have caused a lot of damage to the Earth. Now it is time for us to take good care of her.

Before starting the car,
I know where I am going.
The car and I are one.
If the car goes fast, I go fast.

Breathing in, I know that anger is here.
Breathing out, I know that the anger is me.
Breathing in, I know that anger is unpleasant.
Breathing out, I know this feeling will pass.
Breathing in, I am calm.
Breathing out, I am strong enough to take care of this anger.

I have a friend who is an artist. Before he left Vietnam forty years ago, his mother held his hand and told him, “Whenever you miss me, look into your hand, and you will see me immediately.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com