Pages

Thursday 6 October 2016

Green Concept Hotel: The Palace Hotel

25 September 2016-26 September 2016

The Palace Hotel is a hotel with Go Green concept. The name of the hotel also beautiful because has the word of “Palace”, feel like all guests stay in there is princess or prince. Haha.. The taxi driver did tell me that many people choose for this hotel for wedding dinner because of its name. Beside wedding dinner, many businessmen come here for meeting.


The Palace Hotel Kota Kinabalu, a 4 star Green hotel recognized by the Ministry of Tourism and successfully achieved EarthCheck Benchmarked Bronze status certification recently is one of the few environmentally sustainable hotels not only in Sabah but also throughout Malaysia, standing majestically on a hill, overlooks the hustle and bustle of the city on one side and severe tropical rainforest on the other.

The location for this hotel not so strategic unless you has car because it is not located center of the town. The nearest shopping mall is Karamusing shopping centre. The hotel did provide shuttle bus to town or shopping mall.


The lobby of the hotel is big with some sofa.


 At the lobby has Hotel Gallery which inside of it has lots of recycle items such as basket which made by old magazine and many more. Beside Hotel Gallery has souvenir shop but the time I went, it was closed.






The hotel has vegetable and herbs garden which I will covered in next post. At there, also can jungle trekking but I did not try for it.

Before go to vegetable garden, you will pass by swimming pool, lounge and gym room.





The access card of the hotel is super sensitive because it cannot near with hand phone. If not, you cannot use it to open the door unless reset it at receptionist. I did go to receptionist for few times to reset the card.


The room has Wi-Fi but I did not use for it so I am not sure how the signal of Wi-Fi. When check it, it did attached 2 welcome drink vouchers.

I was not sure what room I stayed in but I think is standard room with a twin bed. The room booked by my friend. You can refer to the room rate as below:-


This was my first time to write for hotel post without many room pictures except washroom and cupboard. It was because when I checked in to hotel, I started busy with my friend’s wedding dinner and at the early of the morning, my friend still sleeping while I have to go.

Beside bed, it has makeup table. On table has hair dryer which cannot be move. Our room has a small window.


Inside room has small fridge and also a security box. They provide mineral water in glass bottle instead of plastic bottle.  This is a small step to show care to environment.


Inside washroom did provide simple toiletries. It has hot or cold shower for you to choose.



In hotel you will spot has some environment theme drawing by kids on the wall as decoration.



At 6th floor has ballroom, my friend’s wedding dinner held at there. Watch out your step as the floor is not flat.



The breakfast buffet starts on 6.30 a.m.in Tangerine Restaurant, I just mentioned room number to receptionist. It has lots of choice for breakfast. I just randomly snapped some pictures because I did not want to disturb others.





For breakfast buffet, you will get penalty if you cannot finish the food.




As I quite worried that I will late to Jesselton Point so I did not fully enjoy the breakfast but rush for it. While eating breakfast, you also can enjoy the nice view when you choose to sit at outside.

I was using Uber service to hotel while taking taxi to Jesselton Point. The hotel staff helped me called taxi driver because outside of hotel did not have any taxi. The Chinese taxi driver charged me RM 25 per trip.

The Palace Hotel
No. 1, Jalan Tangki, Karamunsing,
88100 Kota Kinabalu
Tel: 088-217 222

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com