Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Malaysia - Festival Series - Mid-Autumn Festival

'Wordless Wednesday: Postcard' is recording all the postcards that I had bought from time to time for exchange purpose.

Mid-Autumn Festival is falling on 27 September 2015 (Sunday). Recently I had bought this series of the postcard from Silver.  All these postcards are hand drawing by she. I was very curious about the meaning of piglet mooncake so I had searched online to find more information.

I remembered reading somewhere online (which I couldn’t find it now) that in the older days, in order not to waste food, people used the leftover dough from making mooncakes make into little piggies mooncake without filings inside. As to why they used roasted piglet shape, it could be because pigs represent ‘abundance’ in Chinese culture, and roasted piglets are a norm during festive seasons – My Itchy Fingers    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com