Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

When I Was a Kid: Childhood Stories by Boey

This is the book about the life growing up of Boey. He presents his childhood stories by doodle with simple words.



When I Was a Kid: Childhood Stories

Inside View of the book


Telephone numbers

When I was a kid, I could remember telephone numbers that were 15 digits long right off the top of my head. Nowadays I have a cell phone with everything in it and I can’t remember anything.

Corn

Today I told a friend that when I was a kid, I used to pretend I was a typewriter everytime I ate corn on the cob.


Lo tech

I wasn’t a genius yet back then, but I’d always wondered why we were playing for “lo-tech” anyway? If anything, shouldn’t we be paying for “Hi-tech?”

It was only several years later that I realized it was “lo-tech” because my mom couldn't pronounce “road tax”. She said it so often that even my dad said “lo-tech”. I honestly don’t think he knew what it was either.


Mumps

And when I got well enough, I would tell mom that I still wasn’t a hundred percent yet to squeeze one more day of “vacation” out of it.

I was happy I didn’t have to go to school, but I didn’t go anywhere either because I looked ridiculous.


Team work

The first time was when my dad showed me how easy it was to snap a single tooth pick.

Then he had many of them together, and it was impossible to break them in half.

But I didn’t know it was a lesson about team work. I just thought my dad was weak.


The stick

“If some uncle says he’s there to pick something up, what do you say?” she asked. “No, please come back later because my dad is sleeping,” I replied.

(I’m saying that because if they think my dad is home, they won’t try to break in.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com