Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Muar Trip 2016: Food


23rd April 2016 (Saturday)

Muar is a city in Muar District, Johor, Malaysia. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Malaysia to be visited and explored for its food, coffee and historical building from the pre-war. An alternative name to it is Bandar Maharani. It is declared the Royal City of Johor and is the 4th largest city (after Johor Bahru, Batu Pahat and Kluang) in Johor.


The reason I chose for visiting Muar because Muar is very near with Melaka so before I go to Johor by bus, I can stop by Muar for a while to hunt for food. Besides that, Muar is reachable by using bus and walking. The terminal bus is located at town, very conveniences for me.



In Avenue 4th (Glutton Street), you can find some food at there. Before go to Muar, I had online print out the map and remark the food that wish to try for but did not managed to try all.


Mee Siput is a local snack eaten with sambal. It is so crispy.


Teo Chew Kuih is quite famous in Muar. When I reached the stall, it has 5 types of Teo Chew Kuih for me to choose of. As I did not know which kuih is delicious so I bought each types of kuih for a try. The boss had asked me whether the dish want to fry or not. I asked for boss’s opinion but he told me that original is softer. Then, I chose for original without fry. If next time has chance to go again definitely I want to try for fry dish. I like all the Teo Chew Kuih because it is so delicious.



I had bought spring roll at here. When you order, the boss will fry the spring roll. The boss asked me whether want sambal or not and I asked boss to put the sambal in separate but the boss said that must put on spring roll. LOL



Khin Men Cake stall has many types of biscuit and cakes which some of them was my first time to see of. I bought Hakka Yam Abacus for a try. Although I am Hakka, this was my first time to try it.




At this road, you can find many stalls selling otak-otak. Otak-otak is a grilled fish cake made of ground fish meat mixed with tapioca starch and spices. This was my first time to eat it and it is quite spicy.




After purchased some food from hawker, we chose to eat at Hainanese Food Restaurant. At here, we ordered curry chicken rice and pork rice for a try. While waiting for the food, we took out our hawker food and take picture. After taking picture, it’s time to eat. The boss so surprised to see that two girls eat so many food. Haha.. Last, we did finished ate all the food except Teo Chew Kuih. Both of the rice has added spring roll. It tastes good.





To check for more food in Muar, you can go to Muar.net.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for comment.

If you do not have any profiles on any of those listed,
please select profile & click "Name/URL",
type in name (leave URL empty)

It's not nice to call you Anonymous so please leave a name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Klook.com